CLASSIFICATION: Direct Services – Adult Services
JOB TITLE: ESL Instructor (Temporary, Part-time)
CENTER: Family Focus Aurora
REPORTS TO: Program Coordinator/Education Program Manager
OVERVIEW: Family Focus’ mission is to promote the well-being of children from birth by supporting and strengthening their families as individual units and within their communities. We are committed to ensuring our centers provide exemplary services with innovative programs and that family support principles are integrated into every aspect of the work.
POSITION SUMMARY: The ESL Instructor is responsible for preparing lessons and teaching English Learners. Instructors will also teach students how to gain necessary skills to pursue a Career Path. Lessons include English grammar, writing, reading, speaking and listening skills. The ESL Instructor is responsible for assessing students’ English language proficiency in the areas previously mentioned. This 10-week position is for approximately 6 hours/week and pays up to $20/hour.
· Responsible for planning for classes
· Developing learning materials that support the programs’ goals and objectives
· Attend required meetings
· Assessing students (Pre-Test and Post-Test)
· Maintain participant attendance records and learning progress
- Class instruction
- BA in Education Preferable
- At least 1 year of experience teaching adults
- Ability to plan, organize, and execute multiple priorities with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills, specifically in relating well to diverse groups
- Candidate must be available both mornings and evenings
Qualified applicants should submit cover letter and resume. Please visit http://www.family-focus.org/about-us/employment-opportunities for additional information.
No phone calls, please.
Family Focus values a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on agency needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. Qualified applicants will be considered in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.