CLASSIFICATION: Direct Services – Adult Services
JOB TITLE: Adult Education Coordinator (Temporary, Part-time)
CENTER: Family Focus Aurora
REPORTS TO: Education Program Manager
OVERVIEW: Family Focus’ mission is to promote the well-being of children from birth by supporting and strengthening their families as individual units and within their communities. We are committed to ensuring our centers provide exemplary services with innovative programs and that family support principles are integrated into every aspect of the work.
POSITION SUMMARY: Facilitates and implements professional development plans for Adult Education instructors and students. This 12 week position is for approximately 15 hours/week and pays up to $15/hour.
- Coordinate all aspects of adult education program.
- Maintain files of all students in adult education program
- Monitor staff and student progress to ensure annual requirements are met.
- Assist in integrating, updating and developing Adult Education curriculum.
- Provide ongoing supervision and professional development for instructors.
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring new instructors.
- Consult with program manager regarding the purchasing of books, materials, and supplies for Adult Education classes.
- Establish and maintain community partnerships; attend meetings and conferences.
- Collect student and class data to complete reports.
- Communicate with all program staff about class schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, language teaching, or related field.
- Prior experience in adult education programs
- Knowledge of Adult education practices
- Knowledge of learning assessments
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Flexible working hours
- Experience in teaching ABE/GED or ESL classes for adults
- Candidate must be available both mornings and evenings
Qualified applicants should submit cover letter and resume. Please visit http://www.family-focus.org/about-us/employment-opportunities for additional information.
No phone calls, please.
Family Focus values a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on agency needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. Qualified applicants will be considered in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.