CLASSIFICATION: Support Group
JOB DESCRIPTION: Program Assistant
REPORTS TO: Center Director
OVERVIEW: Family Focus’ mission is to promote the well-being of children from birth by supporting and strengthening their families as individual units and within their communities. We are committed to ensuring our centers provide exemplary services with innovative programs and that family support principles are integrated into every aspect of the work.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide a full range of administrative and meeting support. Will independently administer several assigned responsibilities. The overall responsibilities include conducting greeting and screening families seeking services, conducting program eligibility and general screening/assessment, identifying community resources, providing information and referral services to internal and external resources, answering phones, light administrative duties which include but not limited to purchasing of program materials, coordinating meeting and event space, monitoring time sheets and staff time off, and other program recordkeeping.
This position requires the ability to work with low-income populations, exercise good judgment, and coordinate with a wide range of service organizations. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills, and or ability required. This position is for 30 hours a week.
- Answer phones and greet participants seeking services; orient them to and assist with a core set of agency’s resources; and provide internal and external program information.
- Use appropriate technology tools to accomplish job functions such as communication, data gathering tools such, surveys, photocopying, word processing, completing minutes for all-staff meetings, prepare and coordinate mails, faxes and express packages.
- Assist with completing participant records to include eligibility documents, assessment forms, information and referral logs, surveys, confidentiality forms, mandated reporter form, participants’ grievance procedure and other records as assigned.
- Maintain volunteers, contractual worker contractual agreements, time sheets and submit check request for payments and pay bills for site.
- Reconcile agency accounts
- Assist Director and Management team in duties associated with the yearly fundraising event, board development communication and documentation of donations.
- Respond to participants' requests for assistance by assessing service needs and providing information, and referral services as appropriate. Coordinate with other internal and external staff and programs so that opportunities for participants can be maximized to be as comprehensive as possible.
- Maintain close professional relationships and liaisons/collaborators in the target area and maintain and or monitor service agreements.
- Inform participants of the agency’s programs to ensure that appropriate referrals are made to internal and/or external programs
- Develop and maintain agency’s resource book of available social service agencies in order to assist participants/families in needed services.
- Complete payroll sheet and submit to payroll department
- Distributes paychecks and documentation of staff receiving check
- Coordinate room assignments for internal, tenant and external meetings and eventS.
- Minimum of high school graduate or equivalent required; AA or BA preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of outreach methods, interviewing and assessment techniques, provision of emergency services and referrals.
- Must possess knowledge of a broad range of social service and assistance providers in the target area.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Possess the ability to sit and work at a computer
- Able to stoop, kneel bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis
- Able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone
- Regular and on-time attendance at all times
- Positive verbal contact with others at all times
- Work in a positive and strength-based manner with others at all times
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualified applicants should submit cover letter, resume, and references. Please visit http://www.family-focus.org/about-us/employment-opportunities for additional information.
Family Focus values a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on agency needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. Qualified applicants will be considered in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.