CLASSIFICATION: Direct Services – Community School
JOB TITLE: Community Schools Assistant Instructor
REPORTS TO: Community Schools Resource Coordinator
OVERVIEW: Family Focus’ mission is to promote the well-being of children from birth by supporting and strengthening their families as individual units and within their communities. We are committed to ensuring our centers provide exemplary services with innovative programs and that family support principles are integrated into every aspect of the work.
POSITION SUMMARY: This part-time position supports and enhances To support the quality of the 21stCCLC after school program through planning and implementation of student centered program activities. Under the direction of the 21st CCLC Resource Coordinator the program promotes academic achievement and supports the social/emotional development of participants. The Assistant Instructor will aid the Instructor in the preparation of materials for the mentoring program and assist students as needed.
- Assist with the instruction of K -8th grade participants in mentoring enrichment activities
- Keep accurate attendance records
- Motivate students to increase their performance, attendance, and program retention
- Daily classroom activities will integrate teambuilding, cooperative learning, social emotional development, youth and leadership development
- Ensure the safety of program participants at all times
- Carry out additional job-related duties as may be directed by Lead Activity Instructor
- Uphold Family Focus’ mission through a high standard of daily performance
We are looking for positive role models to strengthen the well-being and achievement of our students.
- Passion to support children’s learning and success in school through a strength based approach
- Teacher and/or volunteer experience in Chicago Public Schools is considered a plus
- Training in effective classroom management strategies and techniques
- Ability to work in a team to develop an integrated program
- Ability to take feedback in the interest of quality program content
- Availability for Monday – Thursday from 2:30pm-6:30 p.m. and occasional meetings and training
- Basic computer skills – word processing, email, internet research, on-line timesheet
- Applicants will preferably be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Submit to and clear a background check
Qualified applicants should submit cover letter and resume. Please visit http://www.family-focus.org/about-us/employment-opportunities for additional information.
Family Focus values a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on agency needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. Qualified applicants will be considered in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.