CENTER: Family Focus Englewood
POSITION TITLE: Parent Educator/Home Visitor
REPORTS TO: Program Supervisor-CPS Prevention Initiative
OVERVIEW: Family Focus’ mission is to promote the well-being of children from birth by supporting and strengthening their families as individual units and within their communities. We are committed to ensuring our centers provide exemplary services with innovative programs and that family support principles are integrated into every aspect of the work.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides home visiting services and parent education to children and families in the CPS PI program. Works from a team approach utilizing the principles of Family Support to enhance the overall development of children and families in the program.
- Provide home-based services including parent/child interaction activities to families.
- Provide support, education, and information on relevant topics to including child development, parenting, and family education through home and center-based services.
- Follows PAT curriculum guidelines along with additional requirements from the funding partner.
- Conducts family assessments to determine needs for case management and other referrals as well as the development of an IFSP.
- Conducts developmental screening, home-based and center based services, referrals and advocacy. Supports the family in reaching their identified goals and supports parents identify tools and skills to foment their child’s health development.
- Prepare and submit appropriate documentation and reports, maintain client records in accordance to professional standards and funder requirements.
- Present case material and request information from other center staff during weekly meetings.
- Represent organization at meetings and attend conferences as requested
- Assist in recruiting eligible families for home visiting program and maintain caseload.
- Attend the PAT Training for certification and training on Principles of Family Support.
- Collaborate with other agencies and services.
- Assist childcare staff with planning center activities and services, which reflects families’ needs and interests.
- Meets regularly with PI Coordinator to discuss and review cases.
- Maintain required screenings, update immunizations, educational status, WIC appointments, and family planning for participants and their children.
- Attends and participates in meetings, conferences, and in-service trainings required by Family Focus.
- Facilitate groups at center and collaborating organizations as needed.
- Participate in all center wide trainings, activities, and meetings.
- Work in a team environment.
- Work in other components/capacities deemed necessary by the Vice President of Centers to accomplish Family Focus’ Mission.
- Participate in fundraising activities.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Arts degree (B.A.) in Human Services, Early Childhood Education, or a related field.
- Experience in child development, early childhood education, social work, or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge and understanding of community.
- Requires extensive local travel and some evening and weekend hours
- Must have access to reliable and efficient transportation that will allow for the completion of caseload responsibility
Qualified applicants should submit their resume and salary requirements.
Please visit http://www.family-focus.org/about-us/employment-opportunities for additional information.
Family Focus values a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on agency needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. Qualified applicants will be considered in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.