CLASSIFICATION: Direct Services – Community School
JOB DESCRIPTION: Community Schools Resource Coordinator
CENTER: Aurora - Rollins & Dieterich Elementary School
REPORTS TO: Community Schools Program Manager
OVERVIEW: Family Focus’ mission is to promote the well-being of children from birth by supporting and strengthening their families as individual units and within their communities. We are committed to ensuring our centers provide exemplary services with innovative programs and that family support principles are integrated into every aspect of the work.
POSITION SUMMARY: The overall responsibilities of this position are to plan, implement and coordinate all Community School programs. This position is one of three key roles in the school community along with the School Administration and the Advisory Committee. The Coordinator will be responsible for the overall feel of the program and developing a greater sense of community within the school.
- Develop focused, creative and interactive academic and enrichment programs to be delivered during the out-of-school time.
- Develop and implement 21st CCLC Community School programming in alignment with the Four Pillars of Community Schools, developed by the Federation for Community Schools, which are: Academic Development, Healthy Minds and Bodies, Family Support & Engagement, and Community Engagement.
- Incorporate innovative best practices including: STEM, service learning, 21st century skill building, and college and career readiness programs for all participants.
- Convene and facilitate the 21st CCLC Community School Advisory Committee (school admin, teachers, parents, community members, and other CBOs) on a regular basis
- Facilitate a strong partnership between the school and Family Focus
- In collaboration with the Advisory Committee, identify the needs of the school and its students and align program resources to address these needs
- Represent Family Focus at school based or community based meetings
- Assist the Manager in the hiring of contracted staff and provide day-to-day supervision of site based staff, contractors and parent stipend workers; ensuring that program staff are delivering high quality activities and services
- Assist the Manager in ensuring programs are meeting funders objectives and are a reflection of Family Support Principles
- Responsible for student and family recruitment and the execution of participant retention strategies
- Assist the Program Manager in creating external partnerships with community organizations to bring in much needed program resources (in-kind donations , funding, free or donated programming etc.) for the sustainability of the program
- Plan and implement family night, parental involvement activities, community celebrations, and student showcases
- Maintain regular contact with key school administration personnel and teachers to support program alignment with school day activities and Illinois Learning Standards when appropriate
- Develop and deliver a communication plan appropriate for different audiences including a newsletter, program fliers, brochures, etc.
- Ensure the collection of quality data including daily attendance, grades, satisfaction surveys, needs assessments, etc.
- In collaboration with the Advisory Committee, facilitate a process for monitoring, evaluating and improving the quality of the program and service delivery.
- Participate in agency-wide evaluation efforts
- Establish clear behavior expectations for program participants and ensure that they are fully established throughout the program
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social work or related field
- At least 3 years experience in youth programming preferably in a school setting
- In some locations, candidates will be required to have bilingual skills (English/Spanish)
- Ability to communicate with different audiences including school administration, teachers, parents, students and community members
- Experience in forging long term, mutually beneficial partnerships with other service providers
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills
- Ability to think critically, creatively and strategically to promote quality programming and growth
- Understanding of Illinois Learning Standards and experience providing educational enrichment services to youth
- Computer skills – word processing, internet research, spreadsheets, create outreach materials
- Must be available evenings and some Saturdays
- Travel within the community will be required
- Submit to and clear a background check
Qualified Applicant Should Submit Cover Letter and Resume. Please visit http://www.family-focus.org/about-us/employment-opportunities for additional information.
Family Focus values a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on agency needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. Qualified applicants will be considered in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.