POSTION TITLE: Community Schools Evaluation and Data Manager
LOCATION: Family Focus Central Office
REPORTS TO: The Director of Community Schools and Youth Initiatives
OVERVIEW: Family Focus’ mission is to promote the well-being of children from birth by supporting and strengthening their families as individual units and within their communities. We are committed to ensuring our centers provide exemplary services with innovative programs and that family support principles are integrated into every aspect of the work.
POSITION SUMMARY: Family focus is a major provider of 21st CCLC (Community School) programs throughout Chicago, Cicero and Aurora. These programs offer before-and after-school activities for students and their families with the goals of improving academic achievement, increasing positive behavior and building skills.
This position will support and coordinate the evaluation process for Family Focus’s 21st CCLC programs. Responsibilities for this position include data & database management, grant compliance and program evaluation. Additionally, this manager position provides support to other program areas in data management and program evaluation.
- Manage the CitySpan database utilized by the Community School programs including monitoring for completion and accuracy.
- Lead staff training on utilizing the database, updating the user manual and providing on-going technical assistance for program staff.
- Oversee all processes related to data collection including communicating with program staff and partner school districts/schools to collect required data (grades, test scores, etc.)
- Oversee all processes related to the release of data including the IRB process and parental consent for the release of data.
- Support meeting program compliance and objectives, as set by funders, by continuously monitoring program data for on-track progression to meet funding requirements and program impact objectives.
- Compile and analyze data for grant reporting; prepare program evaluations in alignment with funder requirements and support to the continuous program improvement cycle.
- Develop dissemination plans for program evaluations including program staff, agency, partner schools, and other stakeholders.
- Participate in developing and delivering professional development related to the continuous program improvement cycle.
- Support the community school and youth development staff in the implementation of the Youth Program Quality Intervention model; including training staff, providing technical assistance on the model, observe programs and supporting program staff in setting and meeting program intervention goals.
- Will need to travel to sites and schools in the Chicagoland area
- Support the on-boarding of new programs or funding with the Development Department through aligning program objectives with processes to collect required data for measuring outputs and outcomes.
- Support existing and new programs in creating standardized intake/enrollment forms, consents for data sharing and staff tracking forms to establish standard practices across the agency.
- Participate and contribute in the process to identify agency-wide requirements for a standardized database, including identifying potential database models, assessing and prioritizing agency needs, and designing the process to integrate the use of a selected database (database customizations, staff training and developing internal data protocols).
- Support the agency in effectively communicating program impacts in participants’ lives and identifying areas of best practice within the organization through strategic decision making in data collection and analysis.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred and experience in education and/or grant reporting or related experience
- Experience in developing and writing program evaluations with an emphasis on measuring impacts and program improvement required.
- Knowledge/experience of community schools, youth work, family support programs and experience with community/school collaborations
- Experience identifying relevant and related data to be collected and designing systems to collect data (quantitative and qualitative).
- Experience working with the cycle of continuous program improvement (assess, plan, implement) and leading/engaging teams of people in implementing program improvement processes.
- Ability to support and train staff in data collection procedures (database, surveys and other documentation).
- Experience in statistical analysis
- High degree of skill in SPSS, Excel and Word
- Experience in grant management
- Ability to coordinate several different projects at one time across multiple sites, staff members and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to relate to a diverse group of people
- Ability to speak both English and Spanish is desirable
Compensation is commensurate with experience along with a competitive benefits package.
Qualified candidates should submit letter of interest, resume, and writing sample to
No phone calls please.
Family Focus, Inc. values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.